Thursday, January 29, 2009

Latvian Bead Artist - Ginta

I'd like to introduce to one of latvian bead artists and good friend Ginta and her fantastic beaded treasures.

Here is what she says about herself -
My name is Ginta and I am 35. I come from Latvia. I've been quietly thinking and creating myself. Maybe someone will tell that God created us, but its hard to aware what we are before we see it through.
These are my hands that pick up needle every day.


These are my eyes that is looking for the best place for each tiny bead.
This is my heart that lives with the caparison and give best wishes and my blessings to the new owner.
Year ago I didn't know much about beads. But when my daughter born, my everyday routine changed. From age 4 I remember myself as a girl with crochet hook or knitting needles in hands. I've made lots of jackets, jumpers, dresses and so on.. But now is time for beads.
Every item is unique. I use lots of seed beads, natural stones, ribbons, laces, nature products- seed bones and wood, amber. I've made bracelets, necklaces, earrings, bags, rings. My most joyful are bracelets. You can see them in gallery here


Inspiration and joy of creation is everywhere when sun shines or it's snowing white, when other masters show their works from past or made just yesterday.. But I still have a feeleng - there are lots of things to learn.. And I will .

10 comments:

  1. WOW! fantastic creations and a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!... so intricate and detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely beadwork. She has such a talent. She does such beautiful bead embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry guys, I wrote my original comment a bit too fast :)

    I'd just like to say how excited I am to see work of another Latvian artist! Both Ginta's and your work, Binka, are gorgeous!

    Milziigs prieks redzeet tautieshus EBW rindaas! :) (= glad to see a compatriot amongst EBW members, latv.)

    Laimigi! (Good luck!)
    Olga

    ReplyDelete